Thursday, May 28, 2009

ReMake with Make!



If ya'll have been to RePlayGround before, either online or in person, you already know how much we love to ReMake things. So when we received our latest issue of Make Magazine with a special insert from Dale Dougherty titled "REMAKE: AMERICA" we promptly tore into the magazine to see what was inside. The special note itself was enough to make us give the mini zine a big eco hug.

Dale's note reads "Everybody I know wants to make the world a better place. The trouble is how to get started. Like all things DIY, the place to start is with yourself.... we look at ways you can monitor the energy efficiency of your house, create an experimental garden... use solar to heat water, and replace ordinary lighting with LED solutions. All of these project ideas, coupled with the energy and enthusiasm of makers, will create a sustainable future for America and the world."

The Maker Faire is this weekend. I attended last year and I can't even put into words how much this event rocked my DIY world. I felt like I met a million people just like me with DIY ideas to share and teach others. I had a table of my own, but I had a hard time staying put and not visiting everyone else at the Faire.

If you're in the San Mateo, CA area, be sure to stop by the Maker Faire this weekend and get your DIY world rocked. If you're getting your ReMake on at home, then pick up a copy of the magazine. Let's start ReMaking America, crafty people!

No comments: