Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wristband Repurpose

wristband water bottle cozy
I got this promo wristband for free, and was going to get rid of it until I realized it would make a great quickie insulator for my reusable water bottle. Of course it's too small to be a perfect temperature shield, but it does soak up condensation nicely and gives me a comfy place to hold the bottle without gripping cold stainless steel! I could doll it up with a few old buttons or even soda tabs, too.

Got any unused wristbands sitting around? Put them to work! And stay tuned for another reusable water bottle project...

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Just this morning (as filling up my water bottle to take to Maker Faire in Dearborn), I thought that the cuff from a wool sweater would make a good water bottle 'cozy.' But since I didn't have time to track one down, I used a sock instead...